These burgers are so easy and, unlike plain grilled lean turkey, they are juicy and bursting with flavor. I used my small indoor electric grill since I don’t have a real one and they turned out FABULOUS! This is a perfect way to break up the monotony. 🙂 I came up with these on the fly and….yeah, my weekend is off to a great start!
1 pkg 99% lean ground turkey (1.25lb approx.)
1/2 red onion, chopped
4 baby bella mushrooms, chopped
1 roma tomato, chopped
1/4 cup fat-free Italian dressing
1. Mix all ingredients together until incorporated.
2. Divide into 5 (5oz) portions and form into patties.
3. Broil or grill until internal temperature reaches at least 170 degrees F.
4. Enjoy on sandwich thin or other whole grain roll.
Nutrition Info: (per patty)
1.6 g fat
4.2 g carbs
22.6 g protein
Intervals- 20 min. (20 sec work, 10 sec rest. Repeat for specified time)
Smith Machine Far-forward Lunge (5×20-25 ea. Leg)
Leg Press (feet together) (5×20-25)
Sumo Squat (5×20-25)
Cable Leg Raise (5×20 ea. Leg)
Split Squat (5×20-25 ea. Leg)
Hip Abductor (4×20-25)
Pelvic Bridge w/ weight across lap (feet on floor, back on ball or bench) (5×20-25)
Warm-up: Repeat for 8 min.
Jump Squats -10
In and Outs -10
Jumping Jacks -20
Mountain Climbers -20
Bicycle Crunches -20
Flat Bench DB Close-grip Press (3 sets of 10-15) and Jumping Jacks (3 sets of 20)
2. Incline DB Chest Press (3 sets of 10-15) and Jump Rope (3 sets -1 min. ea.)
3. Decline DB Chest Press (3 sets of 10-15) and Plank (3 sets -1 min. ea.)
4. Incline DB Fly’s (3 sets of 10-15) and Cross-body Mountain Climbers (3 sets of 30)
5. Flat Bench DB Close-grip Press (3 sets of 10-15) and Jumping Jacks (3 sets of 20)
6. Dips (3 sets -each set to failure) and Jump Rope (3 sets -1 min. ea.)
Watch your form…and HAVE FUN!!!!
Spicy Turkey Meatballs
1 pkg Lean Ground turkey (1.25 lbs)
1 cup cooked brown rice
2/3 cup Lime and Garlic Salsa
2 egg whites
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line 2 cookie sheets with aluminum foil. Set aside.
Combine ingredients in small mixing bowl. Using clean hands, mash together until blended. Using 1 oz. cookie scoop, scoop meatballs and place on prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
Serve over whole grain pasta or spaghetti squash.